News for Today's Christians
|Posted by Charliej43 on June 30, 2012 at 9:40 AM||comments (6)|
June 17, 2012 - Pastor Riley Hamilton - Airline Manor Baptist Church
Will a Man Serve God for Nothing?
· What If Serving God Had No Pay-Off
· Would you continue to come to Church?
· Would you continue to give your tithe?
· Would you come to serve others at church?
"Does Job fear God for nothing? Hast thou not made a hedge about him and his house and all that he has, on every side? Thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land." (Job 1:9-10)
1. Will a person serve God when: their life turns tragic?
2. Will a person serve God when: they have to stand alone?
3. Will a person serve God when: God is silent?
Four Principles that Remain True to this Very Day
1. There is an enemy that we encounter we cannot see....but he is real.
2. There are trials we endure that we do not deserve, but they are permitted.
3. There are consequences we experience, we could not anticipate, but they are necessary.
"Blessed be the name of the Lord"
|Posted by Charliej43 on May 23, 2012 at 10:20 PM||comments (1)|
May 6, 2012 - Pastor Riley Hamilton - Airline Manor Baptist Church
God Wont Put More on You than You can Bear
2 Corinthians 1: 8-11
"8 We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers and sisters,[a] about the troubles we experienced in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired of life itself. 9 Indeed, we felt we had received the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. 10 He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us again. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, 11 as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many."
Misquotes not found in Bible
"No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able,....." 1 Corinthians 10:13
2 Corinthians 1:8-11
|Posted by Charliej43 on May 15, 2012 at 2:30 PM||comments (0)|
Have you ever heard of hidden treasures? I believe I have found one. Within the following link, I have found videos of actual lectures for bible school. I think this is amazing. Check it out for yourself.
|Posted by Charliej43 on May 12, 2012 at 8:30 AM||comments (2)|
Our members will meet Saturday morning to work on a few church projects together at our facility. Every extra hand is welcome!
|Posted by Charliej43 on May 10, 2012 at 10:05 PM||comments (0)|
May 10, 2012 - The Israel Connection - David Jeremiah
Think about the incredible persecution Israel has experienced, and yet, against all odds, the Jewish nation still exists and has regathered to her homeland. Dr. David Jeremiah explains the prophetic lesson from Israel’s history and the significance of her homeland. In his message, “The Israel Connection,” David shares his excitement about events surrounding God’s chosen nation that set the stage for fulfillment of prophecies signaling Jesus’ return.
|Posted by Charliej43 on May 10, 2012 at 1:05 AM||comments (0)|
May 09, 2012 - Airline Manor Baptist Church - Pastor Riley Hamilton
The World's Worst Prison (The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant)
The Setting of the Parable
1. Christ was talking about forgiveness not salvation.
2. He was talking about brothers, not outsiders.
3. This judgement is in the here and now, not in the future.
The Meaning of the Parable
1. Receiving forgiveness:
2. Experiencing forgiveness:
3. Sharing forgiveness:
Living the Parable
1. Forgiveness is not earned, but is a gift from God to those who receive his Son.
2. Have you calculated your spiritual debt to God?
3. The danger of developing a hard heart and a judicial spirit is real.
|Posted by Edgar Perez on May 9, 2012 at 1:00 AM||comments (0)|
|Posted by Edgar Perez on May 8, 2012 at 12:15 AM||comments (0)|
:)Found this article that relates to Sunday's sermon. Check out the link below.
Lets remember the correct phrase...
"GOD wont give you more than HE can handle" - Pastor Riley Hamilton